What can I expect from my visit?
We are “Good to Go” following our VisitEngland certification showing we adhere to COVID-19 industry standards.
What can I expect on my visit?
Welcome to a new Paradise experience with amazing new species to see plus all your favourites to revisit.
We have reduced capacity to ensure social distancing and lots of new signs and sanitiser stations, and a one-way route, with plenty of picnic tables/benches spread out all around the Park.
Everyone needs to pre-book online.
RULE OF SIX In line with Government guidelines we are only able to permit groups of a maximum of 2 households or up to 6 people from different households. Please do not book tickets for any other group larger than six people. We thank you for your co-operation and understanding with this and look forward to welcoming you to the Park for a safe fun day out.
NHS Test and Trace: NHS QR codes are available at the main entrance for you to scan. New legislation requires us to have the contact details of ALL visitors above the age of 16 prior to entry. Please have your smartphone and NHS app ready when you arrive. If you do not have the app you will be required to provide your contact details. Paradise Park reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not supply contact details. For more information on our safety measures please visit our ‘What can I expect on my visit’
FACE-COVERINGS Face coverings are mandatory in ALL INDOOR AREAS within the Park. Visitors will be required to wear a face covering when in the Gift Shop, Otter Pool Café (wear a mask except when sitting down), Tropical House, JungleBarn and toilets – so all indoor areas.
A ‘face covering’ is something which safely covers the nose and mouth, and these will be available to buy if you do not have one with you. Face coverings are not required for other areas of the Park; however, you are more than welcome to wear one at all times if you wish.
When you leave the Park, you can either go via the Gift Shop wearing a face-covering or ask and we can let you leave though a door directly back into the car park without a face-covering.
There are a few people who are exempt which include:
- Children under the age of 11.
- Not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness/impairment or disability.
- If putting on, wearing, or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress.
- If you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate.
- To avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with this.
SAFETY MEASURES and WHATS ON
- If you have to queue, you’ll be asked to keep two metres apart from the people in front. There are screens up at the admission desk, in the Otter Pool Café, Gift Shop and the JungleBarn.
- The Paradise Island outdoor play area is open. The JungleBarn Indoor Play Centre will reopen on the 17th of May.
- Our flock of Scarlet Macaws will be at liberty for at least a couple of hours every day (weather permitting) providing amazing photo opportunities as the fly around and you may also see a couple of our beautiful Amazon Parrots around the Park.
- Dinosaur Quiz Trail In between meeting the birds in the aviaries you can explore the grounds on your own dinosaur expedition. Search for the dinosaurs and their eggs, answer all the questions and we will award you our special ‘Paradise Park Professor of Palaeontology’ certificate!”
- The otters and penguins feeding happens twice a day so you may well be lucky enough to be nearby when these animals are fed by the keepers.
- The ‘Tropics’ is our new open-air development which is home to tropical birds in spacious flights. More info here.
- Our walk through ‘Pets Corner’ with rabbits and guinea pigs is open. It is one way with sanitisers and safety signage.
- We give away 150 little bags of ‘Goat and Sheep Food’ a day.
- On good weather winter days ‘Zebedee’ our Jungle Express Train may be taken out for a spin! You board the train just by the otter enclosure and set off on a small route round the house grounds (not round the whole Park) through the garden of Glanmor House, through the top section of the Parrot Jungle, then behind the scenes around the back of the house. There is a small charge of £1 per person.
- At this time, we are not able to run any of our daily talks and feeding times including the Penguin Photocalls, but we hope to reintroduce events if these are possible later in summer 2021.
- Our small Tropical House area will reopen on 17th May.
- Our Gift Shop will be open with numbers controlled for social distancing. All transactions with card only.
- The Otter Pool Café will be open for a range of takeaway foods including pasties, sandwiches, baked potatoes, paninis plus biscuits and cakes (please note the menu may vary). From the 17th May visitors can sit in the café (wear a mask except when sitting down) or take outside to use the picnic tables and benches around the Park. All transactions with card only. You’re welcome to bring your own food and drink and make use of our picnic areas. We’ve spaced the benches out to keep you safe.
- You’re welcome to bring your own mobility scooter or wheelchair as usual. If you would like to borrow one of our mobility scooters, please call the shop on 01736 751023 so we can reserve it for you and have it sanitised and ready. Our Access Statement is available here.
- Some paths are now one-way to help you keep a safe distance from other households. And we have closed some paths.
- Toilets are available, please follow the guidance on the signage before you enter.
- We’ve increased our cleaning regime, particularly our toilets.
- We have plenty of hand sanitisers available around the site.
JUNGLEBARN SAFETY MEASURES – reopening on 17th May
The JungleBarn is Covid Secure & following the guidelines issued for indoor soft play areas which include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning & sanitising our building including extra measures using a fogging unit and long-lasting antimicrobial protection.
- Reduced capacities and measures to help with social distancing including signage in higher footfall areas.
- Online bookings to help with the governments Track & Trace as well as a QR code to scan in with Covid-19 App.
- Closing our ball pools and removing small, harder to clean items.
- We are adhering to all the issued government guidelines, but total risk cannot be 100% adverted, if you or a family member are feeling unwell please postpone your visit until such time that you are feeling better or tested negative for Covid.
Staying Safe During Your JungleBarn Visit
- Your temperature will be taken when you enter the JungleBarn.
- You can use the JungleBarn during your session time only of which full details will be available nearer the time of reopening. Please leave when asked as we need to sanitise all our equipment between sessions to keep everyone safe.
- What to wear. To play on the equipment wear socks and clothing to cover your arms/legs while on the slides.
- Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult (16 years+).
- The temperature within the JungleBarn may be lower than previously due to extra ventilation so be prepared to wrap up warm if you are sitting at a table.
- Face coverings are mandatory for everyone who enters the building but they are not recommended for children under 11 years of age or people who are exempt for health reasons.
- Hand sanitising stations are placed around the centre, please use them and encourage your children to use them.
- Please don’t mix with people outside of your social bubble and don’t exceed the governments recommended group sizes.
- Please observe the signage we have around the building; it is designed to keep you & our staff safe.
- Adults need to keep at least 1m+ apart where face coverings are in use otherwise you should maintain 2m distancing – face covering are not required whilst eating or drinking at our café tables or while over 11s are on the play equipment if it would negatively impact on their ability to participate in strenuous activity.
- You will see staff working in our café cleaning around the building & supervising certain areas, please respectfully keep your distance from them even when engaging in conversation; please note our café will only be accepting card payments, there will be no minimum spend.
- Our toilets will be monitored but please use common sense when it comes to hygiene.
We know that things can change quickly and frequently. We will do our best to keep the information on our website completely up to date, but sometimes that is not 100% possible. You may find that on the day you visit we’ve had to close something, or we’ve been able to open up something that was previously restricted. We hope that does not affect your enjoyment of your day.
Thank you for your support and understanding at this difficult time.
What can I do to help?
Our staff will be on hand, but we can all do our bit to help keep everyone safe. Please see below.
Additional measures during coronavirus
- Do not visit if any member of your household has symptoms of coronavirus.
- Follow Government guidance on vulnerable groups.
- Keep two metres between you and other households.
- Follow any one-way system and queuing procedures.
- Wash your hands regularly and use our hand sanitiser.
- Please give our animal keepers space to do their job. If you see a keeper approaching, please ensure you keep a two metre distance. Thank you.
Our code of conduct
- Follow instructions given by staff and volunteers.
- Follow advice and instructions on signs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Supervise children and vulnerable adults in your care.
- Please use the bins provided for litter.
- Consider others when taking photos.
- Don’t go beyond any enclosure barriers, or into areas marked ‘closed’ or ‘staff only’.
- Birds and mammals must not be fed except where we have provided the food.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear.
- Dogs – Sorry dogs are not allowed in the Park, except guide dogs. Please read our Access Statement here.
Go to our Admission page HERE for information, prices and to BOOK YOUR TICKETS.
We look forward to seeing you soon!