What can I expect from my visit?
We are “Good to Go” following our VisitEngland certification showing we adhere to COVID-19 industry standards.
What can I expect on my visit?
Welcome to a new Paradise experience with amazing new species to see plus all your favourites to revisit.
We are open seven days a week during the summer season.
Opening times for the Park: 10am to 5pm (last entry at 4pm).
Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Dogs are not allowed (except official assistance dogs, more here).
Paradise Park is no smoking.
We will continue to keep a limit so everyone can comfortably enjoy the Park and JungleBarn Play Centre and feel safe. We will still require visitors to wear a face-covering in all indoor areas including the JungleBarn Play Centre, plus we will have sanitiser stations and distanced picnic tables and benches spread out around the Park.
Everyone needs to pre-book online.
NHS Test and Trace: NHS QR codes are available at the main entrance for you to scan. This will support NHS Test and Trace to contact people exposed to CIVOD-19, so they can book a test to help stop the spread of the virus. Thank you.
FACE-COVERINGS These are mandatory in ALL INDOOR AREAS within the Park. When you leave the Park, you can either go via the Gift Shop wearing a face-covering or ask and we can let you leave though a door directly back into the car park without a face-covering.
Visitors are still required to wear a face covering (unless exempt) when in the Gift Shop, Otter Pool Café, Tropical House, JungleBarn and toilets – so all indoor areas. A ‘face covering’ is something which safely covers the nose and mouth, and these will be available to buy if you do not have one with you. Face coverings are not required for other areas of the Park or when you are seated in the Cafe at a table eating or drinking; however, you are more than welcome to wear one at all times if you wish.
There are a few people who are exempt which include:
- Children under the age of 11.
- Not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness/impairment or disability.
- If putting on, wearing, or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress.
- If you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate.
- To avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with this.
SAFETY MEASURES and WHATS ON
- If you have to queue, you’ll be asked to keep two metres apart from the people in front. There are screens up at the admission desk, in the Otter Pool Café, Gift Shop and the JungleBarn.
- To use the Indoor JungleBarn Play Centre you must book ‘PARK & JUNGLEBARN’ tickets and select a session time. Please see the booking page for more info.
- The Paradise Island outdoor play area is open.
- Macaw Flights If the weather is good during October, our flock of Scarlet Macaws may be out to fly free around the Park. They sometimes stay out for several hours – look up when you hear their squawks!
- Dinosaur Quiz Trail In between meeting the birds in the aviaries you can explore the grounds on your own dinosaur expedition. Search for the dinosaurs and their eggs, answer all the questions and we will award you our special ‘Paradise Park Professor of Palaeontology’ certificate!”
- The otters and penguins feeding happens twice a day so you may well be lucky enough to be nearby when these animals are fed by the keepers. See our ‘Daily Events‘ page.
- 2pm Flight of the Rainbows’ has been reintroduced this October. You have the option to buy a ticket (£1.25) when you arrive at the Park for a small pot of rich nectar to feed the forty plus Lorikeets that come swooping out from their enclosure down onto the awaiting crowd. It’s a fantastic experience! In the walk-through ‘Australian Aviaries’ in the walled garden.
- The ‘Tropics’ is our new open-air development which is home to tropical birds in spacious flights. More info here.
- Our walk through ‘Pets Corner’ with rabbits and guinea pigs is open. It is one way with sanitisers and safety signage.
- We give away 150 little bags of ‘Goat and Sheep Food’ a day.
- On good weather days ‘Zebedee’ our Jungle Express Train may be taken out for a spin! You board the train just by the otter enclosure and set off on a small route round the house grounds (not round the whole Park) through the garden of Glanmor House, through the top section of the Parrot Jungle, then behind the scenes around the back of the house. There is a small charge of £1 per person.
- At this time, we are not able to run any of our daily talks and feeding times including the Penguin Photocalls, but we hope to reintroduce other events later in the summer.
- Our small Tropical House is open and you will need to wear a face covering. The Tropical House includes Roulouls, Goldie’s Lorikeets and Lilian’s Lovebirds.
- Our Gift Shop will be open with numbers controlled for social distancing. All transactions with card only.
- The Otter Pool Café is open for a range of foods including pasties, sandwiches, baked potatoes, paninis plus biscuits and cakes (please note the menu may vary). You can sit in the café (wear a mask except when sitting down) or take outside to use the picnic tables and benches around the Park. All transactions with card only. You’re welcome to bring your own food and drink and make use of our picnic areas. We’ve spaced the benches out help to keep you safe.
- You’re welcome to bring your own mobility scooter or wheelchair as usual. If you would like to borrow one of our mobility scooters, please call the shop on 01736 751023 so we can reserve it for you and have it sanitised and ready. Our Access Statement is available here.
- Some paths are now one-way to help you keep a safe distance. And we have closed some paths.
- Toilets are available, please follow the guidance on the signage before you enter.
- We’ve increased our cleaning regime, particularly our toilets.
- We have plenty of hand sanitisers available around the site.
JUNGLEBARN SAFETY MEASURES
The JungleBarn is Covid Secure & following the guidelines issued for indoor soft play areas which include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning & sanitising our building including extra measures using a fogging unit and long-lasting antimicrobial protection.
- Reduced capacities and measures to help with social distancing including signage in higher footfall areas.
- Online bookings to help with NHS Track & Trace as well as a QR code to scan in with Covid-19 App.
- Removing small, harder to clean items.
- We are adhering to all the issued government guidelines, but total risk cannot be 100% adverted, if you or a family member are feeling unwell please postpone your visit until such time that you are feeling better or tested negative for Covid.
Staying Safe During Your JungleBarn Visit
- You can use the JungleBarn during your booked session time only. Please leave when asked as we need to sanitise all high touch points between sessions to keep everyone safe. You are welcome to arrive before or stay after your JungleBarn session, within our opening times, to enjoy the Park. We are open from 10am to 5pm.
- What clothing to wear. To play on the equipment wear socks, and clothing to cover your arms/legs while on the slides.
- Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult (16 years+).
- Face coverings are mandatory for everyone who enters the building but not for children under 11 years of age or people who are exempt for health reasons.
- Face coverings are not required whilst eating or drinking at our café tables or for over 11s when they are on the play equipment.
- Please use hand sanitising stations on your way in to the centre and encourage your children to use them.
- Please observe the signage we have around the building; it is designed to keep you & our staff safe.
- You will see staff working in our café, cleaning around the building & supervising certain areas, please respectfully keep your distance from them even when engaging in conversation; please note our café will only be accepting card payments, there will be no minimum spend.
- Our toilets will be monitored but please use common sense when it comes to hygiene.
- The temperature within the JungleBarn may be lower than previously due to extra ventilation so be prepared to wrap up warm if you are sitting at a table.
We know that things can change quickly and frequently. We will do our best to keep the information on our website completely up to date, but sometimes that is not 100% possible. You may find that on the day you visit we’ve had to close something, or we’ve been able to open up something that was previously restricted. We hope that does not affect your enjoyment of your day.
Thank you for your support and understanding at this difficult time.
What can I do to help?
Our staff will be on hand, but we can all do our bit to help keep everyone safe. Please see below.
Additional measures during coronavirus
- Do not visit if any member of your household has symptoms of coronavirus.
- Follow Government guidance on vulnerable groups.
- Keep two metres between you and other households.
- Follow any one-way system and queuing procedures.
- Wash your hands regularly and use our hand sanitiser.
- Please give our animal keepers space to do their job. If you see a keeper approaching, please ensure you keep a two metre distance. Thank you.
Our code of conduct
- Follow instructions given by staff and volunteers.
- Follow advice and instructions on signs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Supervise children and vulnerable adults in your care.
- Please use the bins provided for litter.
- Consider others when taking photos.
- Don’t go beyond any enclosure barriers, or into areas marked ‘closed’ or ‘staff only’.
- Birds and mammals must not be fed except where we have provided the food.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear.
- Dogs – Sorry dogs are not allowed in the Park, except guide dogs. Please read our Access Statement here.
Go to our Admission page HERE for information, prices and to BOOK YOUR TICKETS.
We look forward to seeing you soon!